- About Us
- Surgical Weight Loss
- Non-Surgical Weight Loss
- News & Events
- Contact Us
Volume One / Number Seven
Recipes adapted from Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery by Patt Levine and Michele Bontempo-Saray
Just in time for spring, this is a delicious, fresh-tasting way to serve eggs. Using the microwave for the vegetables makes it quick and easy!
½ cup zucchini, diced
½ cup plum tomatoes, diced
¾ cup fresh mushrooms, sliced thin
½ cup bell pepper, diced
1 tablespoon water
1 cup egg substitute
4 teaspoons water
Butter-flavored cooking spray
4 ounces low-fat Swiss, sliced
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a microwavable bowl, combine zucchini, tomatoes, mushrooms, and bell pepper with 1 tablespoon of water. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and microwave on High for 3-4 minutes.
2. In a small bowl, beat egg substitute with 4 teaspoons of water.
3. In a medium nonstick skillet, heat cooking spray until hot but not smoking. Pour in egg substitute and swirl to coat bottom of skillet.
4. Cut each slice of cheese into 4 pieces and arrange 4 pieces of cheese on one half of omelet. Cover cheese with 2-3 tablespoons of vegetable mixture and fold unfilled half of omelet over filling. Lower heat, cover pan, and cook for 1-2 minutes, until cheese melts.
5. Slide omelet onto plate and keep warm. Re-spray skillet and repeat for
all omelets. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Makes 4 Omelets. Cooking tip: For individual omelets, beat ¼ cup of egg substitute (or 2 egg whites) with 1 teaspoon of water and a dash of freshly ground pepper.
Protein: 16g Fat: 4g Carbohydrates: 6g
Cholesterol: 15mg Fiber: 1g Sodium: 174mg
HALIBUT WITH CREAMY LIME-DILL SAUCE
1 pound halibut filet
¼ cup Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons fresh dill or 1 tablespoon dried dill
2 tablespoons fat-free cream cheese
¼ cup lime juice
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ packet Splenda
1. Spray broiler pan with cooking spray. Place halibut in the pan, skin side down
2. In a small bowl, combine ½ the mustard with 1 tablespoon dill and spread on the halibut.
3. Broil fish for 10-12 minutes until just opaque in middle.
4. In another small bowl, combine remaining ingredients until creamy; pour
Makes 4 servings.
Calories: 150 Protein: 26g Fat: 5g
Cholesterol: 5mg Fiber: 1.5g Sodium: 174mg
Recipes from Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery by Patt Levine and Michele Bontempo-Saray