- About Us
- Surgical Weight Loss
- Non-Surgical Weight Loss
- News & Events
- Contact Us
Recipe adapted from Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery by Patt Levine and Michele Bontempo-Saray
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
1 teaspoon of lemon rind, grated
1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
1 tablespoon light soy sauce
1 pound of halibut fillets, skinned
½ cup ground soy nuts
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
Olive oil cooking spray
1 garlic clove, minced
1 cup of clam juice
Salt and pepper to taste
- In shallow bowl, combine mustards, lemon rind, thyme, and soy sauce. Dip fish and turn to coat both sides, then remove fish (do not discard mustard mixture in bowl)
- On a flat plate, mix ground soy nuts and parsley and dredge coated fillets in mixture, turning to coat both sides.
- Coat a medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray and sauté fish over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and sauté for 3 minutes on each side until golden crisp and cooked through. Remove fish and keep warm.
- Sauté garlic for 1 minute until golden brown. Stir in clam juice and reserved mustard mixture, scraping up any brown bits, and simmer for 3 minutes until slightly reduced.
Makes 4 servings.
247 calories, 32 grams of protein per serving, 9 grams of fat.
4 cups of grated zucchini, about 1 pound
¼ cup grated parmesan
¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
2 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
1 packet of artificial sweetener (splenda)
6 tablespoon egg white substitutes
½ cup fat-free sour cream
Salt and pepper to taste
- Place grated zucchini in a colander, let stand for 20 minutes at room temperature, then wrap zucchini in 3 layers of paper towels, top with another three layers of towels, and wring out as much liquid as possible.
- Place zucchini in a bowl and mix with cheese, basil, chives, and sweetener.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites with an electric mixer until they hold stiff peaks, and then gently fold onto zucchini mixture.
- Heat cooking spray in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking. Spoon 2 tablespoon or zucchini mixture per pancake into skillet (skillet should accommodate about 5 pancakes at a time), flattening slightly, and sauté 3 minutes each side, turning once, until golden brown.
- Remove cooked pancakes to plate and keep warm. Re-spray skillet and repeat cooking steps until all pancakes are cooked
- Top with fat free sour cream and add salt and pepper to taste.
Makes 4 servings (16 pancakes)
88 calories, 7 grams of protein per serving, 2 grams of fat